Please pardon the brevity once again. Real life has had its fair share of interruptions this week.
- Match highlights from Wednesday’s USWNT game:
[vsw id=”nyCkgWNed8s” source=”youtube” width=”500″ height=”500″ autoplay=”no”]
- Here’s Beau Dure’s informative take on last night’s USWNT/Japan game on ESPNW.com.
- And here’s Lauren Barker’s reaction and player grades on World Soccer Reader.
- McCall Zerboni earned this week’s WPS Player of the Week honors and becomes the third consecutive Flash player to do so.
- Jeff DiVeronica is reporting that upwards of 5,500 tickets have been sold for Sunday’s top of the table clash between the Flash and magicJack.
- And yes, magicJack have their very own YouTube channel complete with highlights from their victory against the Atlanta Beat in five parts. The video of the photo compilation from the match looks like it could have been the final project for a Video Production class at FAU. If that’s the case, hopefully it got an A because it’s actually pretty cool.
- Becky Sauerbrunn tells ESPN’s Jacqueline Purdy why getting selected for the USWNT’s World Cup squad is somewhat bittersweet.
- Kristina Larsen and Vendula Strnadova have been cut from the Atlanta Beat’s squad. Head coach James Galanis tells the MDJ why. The players didn’t spend too much time on the open market, however, as both players were scooped up by the WPSL’s Orange County Wave on Wednesday.
- Canada defeated Switzerland 2-1 on Wednesday in a friendly. Christina Julien scored the game-winning goal off of a pass from Kelly Parker.
- 2012 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifiers will occur between January 19 and 29 at BC Place in Vancouver.
- According to Twitter, Christine Sinclair successfully obtained a Green Card.
- The CBC looks to be among the worldwide media outlets leading the way in pre-WWC coverage. Here’s a feature piece on Birgit Prinz.
- Silvia Neid is set to announce Germany’s 21-player World Cup roster on Friday. Germany will face North Korea in a friendly on Saturday and will be without the services of Inka Grings.
- Arsenal will be looking to avenge their first ever FA Cup final defeat last year with a victory over Bristol Academy on Saturday.
- ESPNW.com kindly commissioned me to write a piece about the new FA WSL and here it is.
- Former Chicago Red Stars general manager Marcia McDermott is now an assistant coach in the USWNT set-up. She was appointed at the beginning of 2011 starting at the Four Nations Tournament. Did we already know that?
- And lastly, don’t forget to visit Proactive Soccer Tours for all your 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup needs.
For all you US and Canadian Women’s National team fans, come support your teams in stadiums throughout soccer crazed Germany with ProActive Soccer Tours. This one of a kind World Cup fan experience lets you, your friends, and your family follow the teams for 8 days and 5 games (2 US, 2 Canada, 1 Other), and is the perfect summer vacation. This fully guided tour includes the 5 game tickets, tours of the German host cities, daily cultural activities around Germany, 3 to 4 star hotels, private transportation, and even a meet and greet with a star from the Women’s World Cup, all for only $1290! To be a part of this extraordinary event go to proactivesoccertours.com, or give us a call at 540-908-3279 to reserve your place today!